Friday 10 June 2011

Basket Weave Handbag Pattern

Basket Weave Clutch Bag Pattern



This is a quick rough draft of the pattern. 
If there are any problems please do not hesitate to contact me.
I used chenille but the pattern is flexible and should convert to other yarns.

This is a Crochet Pattern in US Terms.
You will need the following:
Crochet Hook - size 3.5 mm/E
Cotton Chenille Yarn 4 ply (fingering)

1 yarn needle
Terms
CH – Chain
HK - Hook
DC – Double Crochet
FPDC – Front Post Double Crochet
BPDC – Back Post Double Crochet
SS – Slip stitch

Main Body Of Handbag
Chain 55
Row 1   Dc in 4th CH, DC across (52), turn
Row 2   Ch 2, fpdc around 2nd post, fpdc next 2, *bpdc x 4, fpdc x 4* 6 times, turn
Row 3   Ch 2, bdpc around 2nd post, bpdc next 2, *fpdc x 4, bpdc x 4* 6 times, turn
Row 4   Ch 2, bdpc around 2nd post, bpdc next 2, *fpdc x 4, bpdc x 4* 6 times, turn
Row 5   Ch 2, fpdc around 2nd post, fpdc next 2, *bpdc x 4, fpdc x 4* 6 times, turn
Row 6   Ch 2, bdpc around 2nd post, bpdc next 2, *fpdc x 4, bpdc x 4* 6 times, turn
Row 7-69 repeat rows 4-6 (21 times)

Sides of Handbag
Ch 11
Row 1       Dc in 4th chain from hook, 7 DC across, turn
Row 2       Ch 2, fpdc around 2nd post, fpdc x 2, bpdc x 4, turn
Row 3       Ch 2, fpdc around 2nd post, fpdc x 2, bpdc x 4, turn
Row 4-6    Ch 2, bpdc around 2nd post, bpdc x 2, bpdc x 4, turn
Row 7-9    Ch 2, fpdc around 2nd post, fpdc x 2, bpdc x 4, turn
Row 10-12 Ch 2, bpdc around 2nd post, bpdc x 2, bpdc x 4, turn
Row 13-15 Ch 2, fpdc around 2nd post, fpdc x 2, bpdc x 4, turn
Row 16-18 Ch 2, bpdc around 2nd post, bpdc x 2, bpdc x 4, turn
Row 19-21 Ch 2, fpdc around 2nd post, fpdc x 2, bpdc x 4, turn
Row 22-25 Ch 2, bpdc around 2nd post, bpdc x 2, bpdc x 4, turn

Sew the sides to the main part of the handbag, making sure you don’t sew up the top flap.
I created a chain 6 and sewed it to the handbag to loop over a button.
I then attached a button to the bag


Patterns are just for your own personal use. Do not distribute the pattern without permission.  You may sell the items you make but please give credit to me for the pattern.
If there are any problems with the pattern or you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact me.
Susand1408@gmail.com http://www.crochetaddictuk.com/              ©Crochet Addict UK 2013 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Susan, I may give this pattern a go. I like the texture! I'll let you know when I make something with it!!! Thank so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoy the blog http://www.crochetaddictuk.com!
Thank you ever so much for commenting!
I love reading everything you put and I will try and reply but it just depends on my health.
Thanks Sue